Managing Food Safety through HACCP
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) based systems are a legal and / or customer requirement for all food businesses. Learn how to develop and implement an effective food safety system, incorporating Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and those responsible for developing, updating and / or implementing HACCP in their food business. Participants must have a good knowledge of hygiene standards through either formal qualifications or relevant work experience.
The 2-day training workshop covers the following topics:
- Food Safety Management Controls
- Overview of Pre-requisite Hygiene Control
- Supplier Control
- HACCP – Origins, legislation, benefits etc.
- HACCP Plan – Application, Risk Assessment & Development
- HACCP Plan – Implementation
On completion of the training course participants will:
- Understand the role of a HACCP based food safety system in meeting current legislative and commercial requirements
- Have knowledge of the elements of a food safety management model
- Have knowledge of prerequisite programmes suppler control and management responsibility
- Understand how to design, document and implement a risk based food safety HACCP system
The training course will be delivered by trainers from the Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown. All tutors have relevant qualifications and extensive experience.
Assessment / Certification
Assessment is by means of a short written examination and submission of a project on HACCP in food safety within six to eight weeks following the completion of the course.
A Certificate is awarded on successful completion of the course assessment and associated course work.
We can customise scheduled training programmes to suit individual needs or develop a new programme specifically for your company. Courses can be held at the Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown or at another location if preferred.
Independent auditing and consultancy / implementation services offered by Teagasc provide objective assessment of the adequacy and effective implementation of current food safety and quality management programmes.
Course Venue, Duration, Dates & Fees
Please follow link for Training Schedule
For further information on booking a place on this course please complete this online booking form