Let's Talk Sheep Webinars
A series of webinars for Irish sheep farmers will be hosted monthly by Teagasc.
Make sure to join once a month on a Thursday evening at 8pm for timely, relevant and practical advice to allow you make better management decisions on your sheep farm.
And be prepared to get involved in the discussion – there will be an opportunity for you to pose your questions to each week’s presenters.
See below for upcoming events:
Thursday, 8 April | 8pm
Nematodirus / Cocidia in Lambs
Join us on this hour long webinar to learn more about nematodirus and cocidia in lambs.
Thursday, 6 May | 8pm
Silage Making on Sheep Farms
Join us on this hour long webinar to learn more about silage making on sheep farms.
Thursday, 4 February | 8pm
Reducing Mortality at Lambing Time
During this webinar, the team of Teagasc Sheep Specialists covered topics such as:
- Hygiene – reducing challenge from infection during lambing and early life
- Nutrition – feeding the ewe to maximise colostrum quality and quantity
- Nutrition of the new born lamb – stomach tubing
- Health care – preventing infection and treating lambs with hypothermia
Thursday, 4 March | 8pm
Grazing Management from Turnout to Weaning
Recording to follow
Teagasc Sheep Specialist Philip Creighton hosted this hour long webinar which covered the following topics:
- Fertiliser Application
- Pre / Post Grazing Targets
- Grouping up lambs
- Matching growth rate to demand