Identifying Practical ‘On Farm’ Innovations
Identifying Practical ‘On Farm’ Innovations that meet the needs of European Beef Farmers - that’s the mission of the EU funded BovINE Network. BovINE partners share updates on the latest round of Research Innovations and Good Practices under the project’s spotlight online on Tuesday 22nd June 2021
Hosted by BovINE’s French partners IDELE and FNB, all can join the network online meeting of researchers, farmers, farming organisations and advisors, plus representatives across the beef value chain to hear from researchers and practitioners about solutions to European beef farmers’ needs.
- There will be an opportunity to visit French experimental farms ‘virtually’, as well as contribute views and ask questions.
- Presentations will be in French and English with simultaneous translations available.
Register to join the online meeting here: https://bit.ly/3gvIyAL
Professor Maeve Henchion of Teagasc, Co-ordinator of BovINE says:
“Thank you to BovINE’s French partners IDELE and FNB for co-hosting our 2021 summer meeting focusing on our progress on identifying challenges and exploring solutions to the needs identified by European beef farmers. We are delighted to welcome and host all attendees through our online platform with simultaneous English-French translation available.
Environmental Sustainability, a topic of increasing interest across the beef farming community and one of BovINE’s core themes, features significantly in our meeting agenda. In the session on challenges and solutions there will be presentations on carbon crediting and effective management of hedgerows to sequester carbon. The welfare, well-being and production efficiency of beef cattle throughout breeding and management and issues relating to economic viability will also feature strongly.
We look forward to productive exchanges with European famers and all attendees throughout the day.”
Mrs Valerie David, head of animal health and welfare team of IDELE, co-host of the online meeting says:
“IDELE is delighted to confirm that Jean-Pierre Fleury, chair of the beef working group of COPA COGECA will present on European and International policies in relation to beef farms. Our French colleague from Interbev, Caroline Guinot will discuss the recently developed ‘Pact’ on the commitment to society in relation to the beef industry, whilst IDELE colleague André Le Gall will share insights on the French research & development framework on beef production.
The BovINE network meeting closes with an invitation to all to join us on a ‘virtual farm walk’ on experimental beef farms in France.”
BovINE partners and Network Managers from Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain will present Research Innovations (RIs) and Good Practices (GPs), a number to be demonstrated on farms or shared with farmers and expert groups over the coming months.
Agenda/Projet d'agenda (CEST):
09:30 - 10:00 - Opening & Welcome / Ouverture et Bienvenue (Teagasc, IDELE, FNB)
10:00 - 10:30 - Pact for Societal Commitment / Pacte d'engagement sociétal de la filière viande bovine française (Caroline Guinot, Interbev)
10:30 - 11:00 - Break / Pause
11:00 - 11:30 - The French R&D framework for beef production / Le cadre français de la R&D pour la production de viande bovine (André Le Gall, IDELE)
11:30 - 12:00 - Suckler beef farms in Europe, what is the position between European and International policies? / Les élevages de bovins allaitants en Europe, quelle est la position entre les politiques européennes et internationales? (Jean-Pierre Fleury, COPA COGECA)
12:00 - 12:10 - Round up of the morning session / Synthèse de la session du matin
12:10 - 13:00 - Lunch / Déjeuner
13:00 - 15:00 - Sustainability Challenges and Solutions addressed by BovINE in 2020/21 / Défis et solutions en matière de durabilité abordés par BovINE en 2020/21(Damiana Mais Barrutia, INTIA)
15:00 - 15:30 - Break with networking sessions / Pause avec sessions de réseautage
15:30 - 16:30 - BovINE insights for beef farmers – accessible, relevant and farmer friendly ‘on farm’ practice information and materials / BovINE, les informations disponibles pour les éleveurs de bovins - des informations, et des documents accessibles, pertinents et conviviaux sur les pratiques agricoles (Rhonda Smith & Marie Saville, Minerva UK)
16:30 - 17:15 - Virtual French experimental farm walks / Promenades virtuelles dans les fermes expérimentales bovin viande françaises.
17:15 - 17:30 - Close of meeting / Clôture de la réunion
2021 Priority Topics for each of the four BovINE Themes
- Further information regarding the project including requests for interviews with the Theme Leaders, Project Manager, or other project team members, and/or audio-visual content (photos/videos) please contact Rhonda Smith & Marie Saville in the UK at email@example.com +44 (0) 1264 326427 / +44(0)7887-714957
- BovINE has a Network Manager (NM) based in each of the 9 member states (Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal & Spain) building networks across their beef farming communities. Contact information for each NM can be found on the BovINE website:
- This Press Release and further information on the Priority Topics is available in other languages. Click on the flags on the Home Page of the BovINE website to access all translated materials of that country.
- This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 rural renaissance programme. Project No: 862590 under call H2020-RUR-2019-15. Further information is available at https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/862590
BovINE Project Partners