Teagasc Crop Agronomy Webinar - May 2021
The fourth in a series of Teagasc Crop Agronomy Update Webinars took place on Tuesday, 4th May 2021. Teagasc researchers, specialists and advisors updated growers on crop agronomy for the coming weeks.
Teagasc researchers, specialists and advisors discussed strategies to controlling weeds, disease and pests on crops from around the country. The webinar looked at cereals, beans, and beet and also how to get the best from the plant protection products used on your farm.
The topics covered included:
- Getting the best from Plant Protection Products
- Protecting the environment while spraying
- Nozzles and drift reduction
- Managing your chemical store
- Crop Agronomy update
- Winter crops agronomy – crops across the country
- Beet agronomy
- Coping with the loss of herbicides
- Bean agronomy
- Achieving effective disease control
- Key agronomic decisions for the coming weeks
- Spring barley agronomy