Teagasc Oak Park Crop Trials Event 2021
The Teagasc Crop Trials Event took place in Oak Park, Carlow, across two days on Wednesday, 30th June and Thursday, 1st July 2021. You can download the publication and watch back the live event which took place on Wednesday evening with Andy Doyle, Tillage Editor of the Irish Farmers Journal here
Download Publication (PDF)
The event consisted of research updates on a range of crops including; spring barley, winter wheat, oilseed rape, rye and beans.
Specific content covered included:
- Improved diagnostics and sampling strategies to support development of IPM strategies to control BYDV
- Disease control measures in spring barley and winter wheat
- Management of oilseed rape and rye
- Use of liquid N for cereals
- Establishment systems for beans and addressing the lodging issues with field pea
- Insights from the Teagasc Agricultural Sustainability Support and Advice Programme
- Grassweed identification and machinery hygiene actions to offset the spread of grassweeds
- The latest spring barley and winter wheat varieties which will be demonstrated by the DAFM variety testing team
If you weren't able to make the event at Teagasc Oak Park, you can watch back the live event which took place on Wednesday evening, 30th June where Andy Doyle, Tillage Editor with the Irish Farmers Journal sat down with farmers and researchers to answer your questions. Highlights from the research plots and farmers views were top of the agenda.
Crops Live from Irish Farmers Journal on Vimeo.