Teagasc National Dairy Conference 2020
On this Tuesday 24th November and Wednesday 25th November, Teagasc will bring you the latest dairy research and the best technical advice for dairy farmers through its National Dairy Conference which will be held as an online webinar. Nicholas McKenna, Dairy Specialist has all of the details below
The conference will consist of:
- Interactive “Let’s Talk Dairy” webinars starting both mornings at 10am.
- “The Dairy Edge Podcast” live at 7pm each evening.
- A variety of contributors sharing their expertise and experience including:
- Teagasc researchers
- Dairy farmers
- International experts.
Day 1: Tuesday 24th November
The first event of DairyCon20 begins at 10am with a ‘Let’s Talk dairy’ webinar which will focus on ‘Making better use of nitrogen fertilisers’, the webinar will be facilitated by incoming Head of Knowledge Transfer, Dr. Stan Lalor and he will be joined by:
- Laurence Shalloo, Teagasc Moorepark.
- Elodie Ruelle, Teagasc Moorepark.
- Owen Fenton, Teagasc Johnstown Castle.
Then, from 7pm Emma-Louise Coffey will kick off ‘The Dairy Edge Podcast’ live with her guests,
- Mike Egan, Teagasc Moorepark
- John McNamara, Dairy Farmer and 2018 Grassland Farmer of the Year.
They will be discussing the role for clover in both increasing milk solids production and reducing chemical fertiliser inputs.
Day 2: Wednesday 25th November
The second day of DairyCon20 kicks off at 10am with the second ‘Let’s Talk Dairy’ webinar, which will focus on improving sustainability through the use proven technologies at farm level. The webinar will be facilitated by Dr. Karina Pierce, Enterprise Ireland, also joined by:
- John Roche, Down to Earth Consultancy, Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Brendan Horan, Teagasc Moorepark.
- Brian Rushe, Dairy Farmer, IFA Vice-President and Teagasc Authority member.
From 7pm then Emma-Louise Coffey will host the second live ‘The Dairy Edge Podcast’ with guests:
- Patrick Gowing, Teagasc Oak Park.
- Dara Killeen, dairy farmer, Co. Galway.
The focus will be on how Dara has focused on achieving key efficiency targets to sustainably grow his business.
The Teagasc National Dairy Conference has always been one of the key events in the farming calendar each year, and this year is no different even though it is taking place virtually. DairyCon20 will be relevant to all involved with dairy farming and we encourage all involved in the industry to tune in.
Announcing details of this year’s conference, Dr Tom O’Dwyer, Teagasc, commented:
“This marks the twenty third year of the event. Over the years we have focused on providing the latest research and best advice for dairy farmers and this year is no different, despite the fact that the conference is online. This year, we are focussing on two key themes: firstly, the efficient use of fertiliser nitrogen and, secondly, improving sustainability through improving on-farm efficiency.”
Find out more or register at www.teagasc.ie/dairycon20