Teagasc National Dairy Conference 2021 - Meeting Challenges with Technology
The Teagasc National Dairy Conference 2021, ‘Meeting Challenges with Technology’, will now take place VIRTUALLY on Tuesday, 23rd November and Wednesday, 24th November. See updated details to follow
Due to updated Government guidelines the Teagasc National Dairy Conference has changed from an ‘in person’ event to being an online ‘virtual event’ only. Anyone who has booked will be contacted within the next few days.
The conference is on Zoom over two days. Registration gives access to both days
Tuesday 23 November - Online Virtual Event
10am - Opening & Introduction
Liam Herlihy, Chairman, Teagasc Authority
Keynote Address - ‘Meeting climate obligations - a pathway for the dairy industry’
Professor Frank O’Mara, Teagasc Director
10:20am: Future Direction of Ireland’s Dairy Breeding Programme
Session moderator – Emma Louise Coffey, Teagasc
- What has breeding delivered on the ground?
Jim White, Dairy Discussion Group representative
- Where next for EBI traits?
Donagh Berry, Teagasc
- Dairy beef calves- what do beef farmers require?
Nicky Byrne, Teagasc
- How will sexed semen affect the national herd?
Stephen Butler, Teagasc
Panel Discussion plus Q&A
11:30am: End of live broadcast
Wednesday, 24 November - Online Virtual Event
10.00am Opening & Introduction - Liam Herlihy, Chairman, Teagasc Authority
Key Address; Economic and environmental performance on Irish dairy farms - what are the key drivers of success?
Joe Patton, Head of Dairy Knowledge Transfer, Teagasc
10.20am: Grazing Management and Clover Establishment
Session moderated by Stuart Childs, Teagasc Dairy Specialist
- What is PastureBase telling us about current grazing management on dairy farms?
Michael O’Donovan, Teagasc
- Clover sward performance at different N levels
Brian McCarthy, Teagasc
- My experience with grazing high clover swards
Kevin Moran and Ger Pardy, dairy farmers
Panel discussion plus Q&A
Close of Conference; Dr Joe Patton
11.30am: End of live Broadcast
Pre-recorded Video material to be published during the week from Tuesday 23 November onwards covering practical advice for improved farm efficiency.
- Energy saving technologies - Return On Investment
John Upton, Teagasc
- Sward Utilization Index Pasture Profit Index (PPI) update
Tomas Tubritt, Teagasc
- Milking interval and length of the working day
Martina Gormley, Teagasc
- Optimizing vaccination strategy
Niamh Field, Teagasc
- Tips on cost control for 2022
Patrick Gowing, Teagasc
The complete Dairy Conference Proceedings will be published on www.teagasc.ie And the individual articles will be published on Teagasc Daily throughput the week