Johnstown Castle Open Day - Technologies for Today & Tomorrow
Join us in Johnstown Castle, the home of agricultural research in Co. Wexford for their open day on Tuesday next August 30th. On the day the Teagasc team will present farming technologies for today and tomorrow. Gates open at 10am.
There will be a wide range of stands and information boards including:
Managing grass, clover and multi species swards
Find out how these swards will be managed for winter and spring milking as well as dairy calf to beef systems. Get the most up to date management tips for these sustainable swards.
2022 will be ingrained in our minds for fertilizer prices. Come and get the latest information on fertilizer and slurry technologies in order to get the best value for your money. Make grass grow while reducing emissions, enhancing carbon sequestration and soil health.
Johnstown Castle Dairy and Calf to Beef herds
See how our dairy herd is performing and hear our plans for cow nutrition for winter milk production for 2022. Hear the lessons learned from the DairyBeef500 and Green Acres programmes.
- Find out what your hedges are doing for climate change by storing carbon.
- Learn how to enhance biodiversity and increase water quality.
- Learn about the Signpost Programme and what it is doing to achieve emission reductions on farms across the country.
- Don't miss our machinery demonstration
- See what is available to help farmers reduce their reliance on artificial nitrogen.
As always, Teagasc advisory services will be on hand to discuss how the new agri-environment schemes, organic farming scheme or forestry schemes may support your farm business.