Lighten the Load - a campaign to reduce the incidence of Musculoskeletal Disorders ( MSDs) among Farmers in Ireland. Padraig O'Connor Teagasc milking technician gives advice and tips on smarter milking which will help reduce in particular repetitive sprain injuries.
The video presentation below has useful advice and a number of tips on:
- Setting up a good routine to milk efficiently and safely
- The importance of preparation for milking bot for the milker and the cow
- Having an efficent milking process
- Putting on and removing clusters
- Good washing up procedures
Padraig covers interesting methods such as 'bunny hopping'. As dairy herds increase in numbers the risk of repetitive sprain injury increases. There are a number of tips to help reduce this injury risk.