Grass10 Newsletter - 12th October 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter including: Weekly PastureBase data; grazing tips; farmer & GFOTY updates; Teagasc Athenry Sheep Autumn Closing Guidelines; Upcoming Beef & Sheep Webinar this Thursday and 2021 Grassland Farmer of the Year competition
View newsletter here 168th Edition Grass10 Newsletter 12-10-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase Ireland data for the week for both Dairy & Beef and Sheep farms, plus Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Dairy farmer Oisin Gallen from Co. Donegal updates us on his grazing situation as he moves through his final grazing rotation.
- Grass10 Grazing tips for the week plus Picking Your Paddocks to Graze this autumn
- Sheep Autumn Closing Guidelines from Philip Creighton, Teagasc Athenry, Co. Galway
- GFOY update from Caroline Walsh, Co. Cork - Dairy Category & Overall Winner
- Flyer for Thursdays webinar titled “Taking control of grass supply on Beef & Sheep Farms”
The Grass10 & PastureBase webinar titled “Taking control of grass supply on Beef and Sheep farms” will take place this Thursday 14th Oct at 7pm. We will be joined on the night by former GFOY Winners; Beef farmer Trevor Boland, Co. Sligo and Sheep farmer Tomas O’Leary, Co. Kerry to discuss their plans for the final grazing rotation. For more info and to register click here: https://bit.ly/G10webinars
The 2021 Grassland Farmer of the Year has been launched and the competition is now open for entries. This competition recognises and rewards farmers who are growing and utilising high quantities of grass in a sustainable way on their farms. There are several categories and prizes. To enter for more information go to: Grassland Farmer of the Year 2021