Grass10 Newsletter - 18th May 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter including: PastureBase data & grazing tips for the week; managing mid-season grass; grazing updates from farmers; William Burchill discusses mid-season nitrogen application & Pat Collins social media takeover on Wed 19 May
View newsletter here: 147th Edition Grass10 Newsletter 18-5-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week for both Dairy & Beef + Sheep farms & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- 2019 Suckling Grassland Farmer of the Year Trevor Boland from Co. Sligo gives us an update on grass supply on his farm and his plans to manage grass over the mid-season period.
- Grazing tips from the Grass10 Team as grass surpluses begin to appear around the country. Pre grazing yields are already too high, time to take action!
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year- Beef Non suckling category winner Pat Collins from Castlemartyr, Co. Cork.
- William Burchill from the Teagasc/ Dairygold joint programme discusses mid-season nitrogen application.
- Link to a recent Teagasc Research Insights webinar which discussed the new innovations in grass/white clover breeding and the evaluation programme at Teagasc.. Click here-: http://bit.ly/ResearchInsights18
Pat Collins, 2020 Grassland Farmer of the Year – Beef non suckling category winner will host the next social media takeover Wednesday 19th May from his farm in Castlemartyr, Co. Cork. Follow him during the day on the Teagasc Grass10 Twitter & Instagram accounts. More info at bit.ly/PatCollinsG10