Grass10 Newsletter - 1st June 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter. As paddocks are cut for 1st cut silage & surplus bales, now is a perfect time to consult soil sample results and apply lime to these paddocks. Read more on this, on applying P& K, GFOTY young farmer grazing update & more
View newsletter here: 149th Edition Grass10 Newsletter 1-6-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week for both Dairy & Beef + Sheep farms & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Cavan Grass10 Grazing group host Killian Brennan gives us an update on the current grass situation on his farm and the importance of walking the farm twice a week at the minute.
- Grazing tips from the Grass10 Team as pre grazing yields are too high on farms around the country at the minute
- As paddocks are cut for 1st cut silage & surplus bales, now is a perfect time to consult your soil sample results and apply lime to these paddocks.
- Importance of returning P & K to a paddock after a crop of bales has been removed
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year- Young Farmer Category Winner- David O’ Leary, Co. Kerry
Please see the Teagasc Guide to Sward Clover content (Clover Content Scorecard)(PDF) to aid farmers in estimating clover content in their paddocks this summer.