Grass10 Newsletter - 22nd June 2021
Get the latest from the Grass10 team including; Oisín Gallen's current grass situation; Moorepark Grass-Clover Research update; Grass10 grazing tips; John Douglas video on managing a new reseed; John Maher's top tips on managing grass quality and JP Hammersley, GFOTY Sustainable Grassland update
View newsletter here: 152nd Edition Grass10 Newsletter 22-6-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week for both Dairy & Beef + Sheep farms & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Oisin Gallen, host farmer for the Grass10 Grazing Group in Donegal updates us on his current grass situation.
- Grazing tips from the Grass10 Team as soil moisture deficits begin to hit growth rates on the East Coast.
- Teagasc Moorepark Grass-Clover Research Programme Update from Dr Deirdre Hennessy and Ellen Fitzpatrick
- Grass10 Advisor John Douglas discusses some of the fundamentals of managing a new reseed in this video-: http://bit.ly/Grass10Reseed
- Teagasc Grass10 Manager John Maher gives his top tips in relation to managing grass quality on this week’s episode of “The Beef Edge” Click here-: www.teagasc.ie/thebeefedge
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year- Sustainable Grassland Award winner- JP Hammersley from Co. Tipperary
2020 Grassland Farmer of the Year – Sheep Category Winner, Tom and Peter McGuinness will hold a farm walk on their farm in Co. Meath on Wednesday 7th July at 7pm. Click here for more info-: http://www.teagasc.ie/mcguinnessfarmwalk