Grass10 Newsletter - 25th May 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter including: PastureBase data for the week for dairy, beef & sheep farms; updates on Grassland Farmer of the Year sheep and heavy soils farms; difficult grazing conditions & grass/clover trial update from Teagasc Clonakilty
View newsletter here: 148th Edition Grass10 Newsletter 25-5-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week for both Dairy & Beef + Sheep farms & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Thurles Grass10 Grazing Group Host Brendan Phelan from Moyne, Co. Tipperary gives us an update on his current grazing management
- Grazing tips from the Grass10 Team as wet weather is making grazing conditions difficult in many parts of the country.
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year- Sheep Category Winner- Peter & Tom McGuinness, Co. Meath
- Brian McCarthy from Teagasc Clonakilty Co. Cork gives us a performance update from the grass/clover trial.
- 2019 GFOTY Heavy Soils category winner Paudie O Brien, Killarney Co. Kerry gives us an update from his farm, where grazing conditions are extremely difficult at the minute due to the heavy rainfall over the past few weeks.