Grass10 Newsletter - 28th September 2021
Get the latest from the Grass10 team including; PastureBase data; Grass Growth Prediction; update on Dairy Calf to Beef Systems trial in Grange; Grass10 Grazing tips; link for Thursday's webinar; Picking paddocks to graze in final rotation & farmer updates: David Brady, Cavan and Aidan Murphy Cork
View newsletter here 166th Edition Grass10 Newsletter 28-09-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase Ireland data for the week for both Dairy & Beef and Sheep farms, plus Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Dairy farmer Aidan Murphy from Co. Cork updates us on his current grass situation as he reaches peak AFC on his farm.
- Grass10 Grazing tips for the week
- Update from the Dairy Calf to Beef Systems trial in Teagasc Grange Co. Meath by Nicky Byrne
- GFOY update from David Brady, Co. Cavan
- Picking your paddocks to graze as we start the final rotation on Irish farms
The Grass10 & PastureBase webinar titled ‘Managing the Final Grazing Rotation with PastureBase’ will take place this Thursday 30th September. We will be joined on the night by Dairy farmers Paudie O Brien from Co. Kerry who farms on heavy soil and Padraig Callanan from Co. Laois to discuss their plans for the final grazing rotation. For more info and to register click here-: https://bit.ly/FinalGrazingRotation