Grass10 Newsletter - 30 March 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter. It includes: Weekly PastureBase data; Michael Lally, Meath discusses his plan for grazing; Spring grazing update from Winter Milk herd at Johnstown Castle; Spring Grazing Update from GFOTY Sheep Winner Peter McGuinness.
View newsletter here: 140th Edition Grass10 Newsletter 30-3-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
Grass growth improved last week, however cold weather promised at the weekend so it is very important to walk your farm weekly.
- Michael Lally, Co. Meath discusses his plan for grazing as he starts the 2nd rotation on his farm.
He highlights the importance of the weekly grass measurement and matching growth vs demand on his farm.
- Farm manager Aidan Lawless from Teagasc Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford gives us a Spring grazing update from the Winter Milk herd.
- Spring Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year Sheep category winner Peter McGuinness from Co. Meath.
- Teagasc researcher Tomas Tubritt from Teagasc Moorepark, explains the Pasture Profit Index for 2021 and also the new “Grazing Utilisation” sub index. Watch the video here
- Quick grazing tips for busy sheep farmers!
The Grass10 team and PastureBase Ireland will host their April webinar on Wednesday 7th April at 7pm titled “ Hitting Grazing Targets in 2021 with PastureBase Ireland” - Register on: www.teagasc.ie/grass10