Grass10 Newsletter - 31st August 2021
Get the latest from the Grass10 team including; PastureBase Ireland data for the week; Grass10 Grazing tips; updates from Clonakilty research farm on grass-only versus grass-clover treatments and Farmers-John Galvin & Seán Barry GFOTY disadvantaged land, and Autumn grazing targets for beef farms;
View newsletter here 162nd Edition Grass10 Newsletter 31-8-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase Ireland data for the week for both Dairy & Beef + Sheep farms & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- 2020 Sustainable Farming Winner, John Galvin, Co. Cork updates us on his current grass situation
- Grass10 grazing tips for the week
- Brian McCarthy gives an update from Clonakilty research farm comparing the grass-only versus grass-clover treatments
- Autumn grazing targets for beef farms
- GFOY Update from Sean Barry, Pallasgreen, Co. Limerick (2020 Disadvantaged Land Winner GFOY)
We would like to thank the sponsors of the Grass10 programme - Teagasc, The Department of Agriculture, Grassland Agro, AIB, FBD and The Irish Farmers Journal.