Grass10 Newsletter - 6th April 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter including: Weekly PastureBase data; Niall Callanan (dairy) & Aidan Maguire (beef) discuss grazing plans; Grazing tips to hold Average Farm Cover in this colder week; A video explaining “Band Method” grass measuring & more
View newsletter here: 141st Edition Grass10 Newsletter 6-4-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model. Grass growth improved last week, however a colder week in store with air and soil temperatures dropping.
- Niall Callanan from Co. Galway discusses his grazing plan as he starts his 2nd rotation. Niall focuses on the weekly grass walk and keeping AFC and Cover/cow in line with his targets.
- Grazing tips to hold Average Farm Cover during this colder week from the Grass10 team.
- Spring Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year Grassland Merit award winner Noel Hurley from Co. Cork.
- A video explaining the “Band Method” of grass measuring for beginners.
- The Grass10 team caught up with Aidan Maguire as he starts his 2nd rotation on his dairy calf to beef farm in Co. Meath. See video here -: http://bit.ly/AidanMaguireG10
The Grass10 team and PastureBase Ireland will host their April webinar tonight Wednesday 7th April at 7pm titled “ Hitting Grazing Targets in 2021 with PastureBase Ireland” click here for further info and to register-: www.teagasc.ie/grass10