Grass10 Newsletter - 9 February 2021
Get the latest news & updates from the Grass10 team in this week's newsletter including: PastureBase data for the week & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model; Images from farmers beginning spring grazing, details of a new Clover Research Programme, sheep farm spring grazing tips & more
View newsletter here: 133rd Edition Grass10 Newsletter 09-02-21 (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model. Growth predictions are low for the remainder of this week, however the forecast is for a return to milder weather over the weekend.
- Images from farmers around the country who are beginning grazing for spring 2021.
- Did you miss our webinar titled “Getting Familiar with PastureBase Ireland” last week? Click here to watch the recording, under the “webinars” subheading-: www.teagasc.ie/grass10
- Information on a new Clover Research Programme starting in April 2021.
- Tips on Spring grazing on sheep farms from Philip Creighton, Teagasc Athenry, Co. Galway.
Aidan Maguire runs a Dairy-Calf to Beef system in Co. Meath. Aidan puts a big focus now on spring grazing and getting out to grass early in the year. Click on the link here to see how Aidan manages grazing in spring on his farm. http://bit.ly/EarlyGrazingEarnsMore