Thomas Hogan - Suckler Beef Grassland Farmer of the Year Farm Walk
Join us on the evening of Wednesday, 18 August at 7pm for a farm walk on the farm of the 2020 Suckler Beef Enterprise Category Winner of the Grassland Farmer of the Year Competition, Thomas Hogan and family on their farm at Rathmartin Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
The Hogan's run a 60-cow suckler-to-store operation. The farm is split into two blocks with the cows and calves grazing on the 66 acre outblock during the main grazing season.
Topics to be discussed include:
- An Overview of Thomas Hogan’s suckler–to–store system
- Improving soil fertility to drive grass production
- Implementing a paddock grazing system on a Suckler Farm to increase grass utilised
- The importance of grass measuring with PastureBase Ireland
- Farm Performance & summary
Watch Thomas Hogan in this short video below