International Whey Conference (IWC2020) - A Better Whey of Life
The IWC is a unique forum uniting the whey business and scientific community worldwide for an interactive dialogue on the most relevant aspects of whey production, processing and applications. This year, it's online for the first time with three webinars on markets, nutrition and technology.
The webinars will be hosted by Teagasc ConnectEd and take place on the 13th November, 20th November and 4th December from 2.30-4.00PM. For further information and registration details, visit the conference website, https://www.iwc2020virtual.com/.
The IWC is a unique forum which brings together the whey business and scientific community from around the world for an interactive dialogue on the most relevant aspects of whey production, processing and applications. This year, the conference is moving online for the first time with three webinars focused on markets, nutrition and technology.
This virtual conference is organised by the European Whey Processors Association (EWPA) and the American Dairy Products Institute (ADPI), with support from Teagasc, VistaMilk and University College Cork. Dr. Mark Fenelon, head of the Food Research Programme at Teagasc, is chair of the scientific committee. Dr. Rita Hickey, senior research officer in the Food Biosciences Department, will also present at the conference.
Friday 13th November: Markets
- Fraser Tooley, Strategy Consultant to the global B2B dairy ingredients industry, Ireland
- Ingo Muller, Chief Executive Officer (DMK Deutsches Milchkontor GmbH), Germany
Introduction and welcome address by the Chair
State of play and future direction in dairy and dairy ingredients
- Kevin Bellamy, Global Strategist Dairy (Rabobank), The Netherlands
- Veronique Lagrange, Director of Strategic Development (ADPI), USA
Whey economics in 2020 (including the impact of Corona crisis)
Friday 20th November: Nutrition
Welcome address by the Chair
- Dr Rita Hickey, Research Officer (Teagasc), Ireland
- Dr Gareth Wallis, Senior Lecturer in Exercise Metabolism and Nutrition at School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences (University of Birmingham), United Kingdom
Alternative ingredients in whey including oligosaccharides and bioactive components in whey that boost probiotic establishment in infants
Role of lactose in sports nutrition and exercise
- Satya Jonnalagadda, PhD, MBA, RDN, Director of Global Nutrition Science, Innovation and Education (Abbott Nutrition), USA
- Andreas Linsenmeier, Head of Product Development & Application (MILEI GmbH), Germany
Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Medical Nutrition Perspectives
Friday 4th December: Technology
Welcome address by the Chair
- Thom Huppertz, Principal Scientist (FrieslandCampina Innovation Centre), The Netherlands
- Dr Esra Cakir-Fuller, Principal Research Scientist (Fonterra), New Zealand
Sustainable whey processing: metrics, measures and messaging
Delivering improved functional and gastric digestion properties through advanced whey protein ingredients
- Dr Anand Rao, Vice President, R&D Ingredients (Agropur), USA
Current and novel applications of fractionated whey proteins