Outlook 2023 - Economic Prospects for Agriculture
This publication from the Teagasc Agricultural Economics and Farm Surveys Department takes a look at the 2023 prospects for agriculture for 2023 covering Dairy, Cattle, Sheep, Tillage, Pigs, Forestry and Sustainability
Download Publication (PDF)
- The outlook for Irish agriculture in 2023 is conditional on a normal weather assumption.
- The cost inflation of 2021 and 2022 will leave overall production costs at a high level in 2023.
- Fertiliser prices are forecast to remain unchanged in 2023. No change in usage levels is anticipated.
- For the year as a whole, feed prices are forecast to increase by about 10 percent in 2023.
- Fuel prices are forecast to fall by 14 percent in 2023.
- Short Term Macro Outlook - Trevor Donnellan
- Agri inputs and Cereals - Fiona Thorne
- Pigs - Michael McKeon
- Forestry - Tom Houlihan
- Cattle - Jason Loughrey
- Sheep - Anne Kinsella
- Dairy - Emma Dillon
- Environmental Sustainability - Cathal Buckley
- Farm Incomes - Trevor Donnellan
- CAP Reform - Fiona Thorne