Research Insights Webinar - Using white clover to reduce chemical nitrogen application and increase animal performance
On a recent Teagasc Research Insights webinar which took place on Wednesday, 28th April, Padraig French, Head of Livestock Systems Department and Dairy Enterprise Leader was joined by panellists to discuss using white clover to reduce chemical nitrogen application and increase animal performance.
This webinar discussed the benefits on including white clover in grassland in terms of animal performance and environmental sustainability plus how best to incorporate into grassland farms.
Padraig French - Head of Livestock Systems Department and Dairy Enterprise Leader
- Deirdre Hennessy - Research Officer, Teagasc
- Philip Creighton - Research Officer, Teagasc
- Michael Egan - Research Officer, Teagasc
View presentations below:
- Benefits of incorporating white clover into perennal ryegrass pastures in dairy (PDF) - Deirdre Hennessy
- Benefits of white clover in sheep production systems (PDF) - Philip Creighton
- Incorporating white clover in grassland swards (PDF) - Mike Egan
View a booklet on the management and establishment of grass-white clover swards here
Watch webinar recording below
Find out more about the series or register for future webinars here: Teagasc Research Insights Webinars