Teagasc Research Insights Webinar - Understanding and mapping land use
The fourth of five Research Insights Webinars, which took place on Wednesday, 6th January 2021, focused on Land Use - Understanding and mapping land use. Teagasc researchers gave an an insight into the latest techniques being used that allow us to better understand land use in Ireland.
Land use mapping is an important tool to account for changes in land use over time allowing the human-environmental interactions associated with land use change to be accounted for. Teagasc researchers on this webinar gave an insight into the latest techniques being used that allow us to better understand land use in Ireland.
Watch recording below:
- Kevin Hanrahan - Head of Rural Economy and Development Programme, Teagasc
- Stuart Green - Research Officer, Teagasc
- Rob O'Hara - Research Officer, Teagasc
- Richa Marwaha - Walsh Scholar, Teagasc
- What can satellites see (PDF) - Stuart Green
- Management-scale mapping (PDF) - Rob O'Hara
- Watching grass grow (PDF) - Richa Marwaha
Find out more about the series or register for future webinars here: Teagasc Research Insights Webinars