Teagasc Student Maintenance Grants 2021/2022
The 2021/2022 Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant Scheme is now open. Teagasc student maintenance grants are paid through Teagasc and the grant scheme is managed by Teagasc. The closing date for applications is Friday 1st October, 2021. See more details on how to apply here
The Teagasc Authority approved the introduction of means testing of maintenance grants for students attending Further Level Courses at Teagasc and Private Agricultural Colleges in 2012. Means testing will apply to Teagasc Level 5 and Level 6 full-time courses for the academic year 2021/2022.
Application Procedures for the Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant Scheme
- Application Form and Guidance Notes are available here.
- Colleges will not be in a position to handle specific queries about applications for means testing and will not be processing applications.
- Applicants are advised to assemble relevant information i.e. you should start assembling information that will be required e.g. statements of income as indicated above.
- Please note that applicants cannot apply to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) to be means tested for a Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant
1st Time Applicants
- Guidance Notes for Completing the Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant Application Form 2021-2022 (pdf)
- Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant Application Form 2021-2022 (pdf)
It is recommended that you read the Guidance Notes before filling in the application form. The closing date for applications is Friday 1st October, 2021. The completed application form and associated documentation should be sent to:
Teagasc Maintenance Grant, PO Box 46, Clonakilty, Co. Cork, P85 FV48
Level 6 Applicants
- Teagasc students, who were awarded a Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant at Level 5 in the 2020/2021 college year, will be requested to complete the Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant Renewal/Reassessment Form 2021/2022.
- Forms will be issued in early September to students awarded a student maintenance grant in 2020/2021 and progressing to a Teagasc Level 6 programme.
- Up to 20% of students who qualified for a student maintenance grant in 2020 will be reassessed for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Level 6 students who did not previously apply for a Teagasc Student Maintenance Grant can submit an application form using this link
All queries on Teagasc Student Maintenance Grants should be directed to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0818 161 000