Today's Farm - October/November 2020
The November/December edition of our bi-monthly magazine is now available online. The main focus of this edition is on the environment, covering topics such as the Teagasc Biodiversity Management Practice Index (BMPI); How to reduce energy consumption on your dairy farm; farm roadways and more.
Today's Farm, the popular bi-monthly magazine has an excellent selection of articles covering a wide range of enterprises. Farmers from various parts of the country are profiled and all have interesting stories to tell.
View it here: Todays Farm November December 2020 (PDF)
The main enterprises of dairy, beef, sheep and crops are covered. Also this month there are interesting articles on:
- Selective dry cow therapy: With legislation coming in 2022, it’s wise to get familiar with this approach
- Succession: Seldom straightforward, succession decisions can be made easier by involving skilled communicators and experts in this once-in-a-lifetime process.
- Diversifying into water buffalo: Liam Byrne, his wife Sinead and their three children, Rebecca, Matthew and Peter, farm water buffalo just outside Ballygarret in Co Wexford. Liam and Sinead wanted to develop the farm, but were looking for something different, something new to get their teeth into.
- Biodiversity management: The new Teagasc Biodiversity Management Practice Index (BMPI) is showing farmers how well they score on biodiversity management practices.
- The Caha Project: A farming community protecting its natural heritage
- More reasons to plant trees: New schemes are supporting tree-planting, in particular native broadleaf species. The private sector, aiming to help the environment, is now providing additional payments to farmers who grow trees.