Today's Farm September - October
The September - October edition of our bi-monthly magazine is now available online. The main focus of this edition is on getting into dairy farming. Recent entrants to dairy farming are profiled. Find out more about the Dairy Start-up Course.
Today's Farm the popular bi-monthly magazine has an excellent selection of articles covering a wide range of enterprises. Farmers from various parts of the country are profiled and all have interesting stories to tell. The main enterprises of dairy, beef, sheep and crops are covered. Also this month there are interesting articles on:
- Organic farming - the EU Comission's target is for 25% of farm area to be organically managed.
- Hedges - read about the wonderful range of birds, insects, mammals etc. living in our hedgerows
- Education - how our colleges are adapting and 'keeping the show on the road'
- Farm Succession - How to put a plan together.
- Farm Safety - getting the culture right
- Garden Staycation - Some information from the Botanic Gardens
- Forestry - If you go down to the woods today?
- Learn about LEAN management