Virtual Sheep Week 2020 - Monday
The focus of Virtual Sheep Week on Monday, 21 September is Grassland Management. The webinar will focus on current grassland research for sheep and grazing management strategies that can be applied at farm level. Follow Monday's activities by staying tuned to our social media channels.
Monday’s webinar will focus on current grassland research for sheep and grazing management strategies that can be applied at farm level.
The panel discussion will be led by Damian Costello, Sheep specialist, Teagasc Athenry with panellists:
- Philip Creighton, Teagasc Athenry
- Micheál O’Leary, Teagasc Moorepark
- John O’Connell, Teagasc Sheep BETTER farmer Co Leitrim
We’ll be dedicating the week to Teagasc Sheep and will be posting videos and updates throughout each day. Follow Monday's activities by staying tuned to our social media channels or by searching #VirtualSheepWeek for all information posted.
Throughout the day we will also be releasing, on social media and other platforms, a series of video clips and technical articles covering areas such as:
- Fencing options for sheep
- Grassland management targets to improve sward quality and animal performance
- making high quality Silage
- Improving Soil fertility
- Role of white clover and other companion forages in sheep systems
- Autumn grassland management with a focus on having a closing plan
- Grassland measurement and budgeting, its role and benefits
- Health and safety concerns when working with sheep