Virtual Sheep Week 2020 - Thursday
The focus of Virtual Sheep Week on Thursday, 24 September is Flock Health. Having a high flock health status is a critical corner stone to improving flock productivity and profitability. This webinar will cover the key factors that impact on your flock health
Live@Athenry - 7pm
The panel discussion will be led by Michael Gottstein, Teagasc Sheep Specialist, Michael will be joined by:
No registration required. Join the live stream from Athenry each evening at 7pm on www.teagasc.ie/virtualsheepweek or www.facebook.com/teagasc. We’ll be dedicating the week to Teagasc Sheep and will be posting videos and updates throughout each day. Follow Thursday's activities by staying tuned to our social media channels or by searching #VirtualSheepWeek for all information posted.
Throughout the day we will be releasing, on social media and other platforms, a series of technical articles and videos including:
- Correct dosing strategies
- How to undertaking a FEC
- Nutrition during late pregnancy
- Lamb mortality
- Mineral nutrition of weaned lambs and pregnant ewes
- Producing high feed value grass silage
- Effect of season of shearing on ewe and lamb performance
- SheepNet – an EU wide thematic network to improve ewe productivity.