Virtual Sheep Week 2020 - Tuesday
The focus of Virtual Sheep Week on Tuesday, 22 September is Genetics and Breeding. The webinar will focus on increasing productivity and efficiency through breeding and genetics. Follow Tuesday's activities by staying tuned to our social media channels
The panel discussion will be led by Michael Gottstein, Sheep Specialist, Teagasc with panellists:
- Fiona McGovern, Teagasc Athenry
- Áine O’Brien, Teagasc Moorepark
- Eamon Wall, Sheep Ireland
No registration required. Join the live stream from Athenry each evening at 7pm on www.teagasc.ie/virtualsheepweek or www.facebook.com/teagasc. We’ll be dedicating the week to Teagasc Sheep and will be posting videos and updates throughout each day. Follow Tuesday's activities by staying tuned to our social media channels or by searching #VirtualSheepWeek for all information posted.
Throughout the day we will be releasing, on social media and other platforms, a series of video clips and technical articles covering areas such as: Recent updates on the Sheep genetic evaluations: Kevin McDermott, Sheep Ireland
- Using raddle marking as a management tool during mating: Michael Gottstein, Teagasc
- Ensuring your ram is fit for purpose this breeding season: Michael Gottstein, Teagasc
- Measuring methane in sheep production systems: Edel O’Connor, Teagasc
- Health and safety concerns when working with sheep
- How many lambs are too many? Alan Bohan, Sheep Ireland
- The affect birth litter size can have on lamb live-weight. Fiona McGovern, Teagasc
- Across country genetic evaluations for sheep breeders: Shauna Fitzmaurice, Teagasc.