Virtual Sheep Week 2020 - Wednesday
The focus of Virtual Sheep Week on Wednesday, 23 September is Hill Sheep & Store Lambs. The webinar will focus on up-to-date Teagasc research on developing systems for finishing hill-bred store lambs. BETTER Hill Sheep Farms will also be showcased.
Live@Athenry - 7pm
The panel discussion will be led by Michael Diskin, Teagasc Sheep Enterprise Leader with panellists:
- Frank Campion, Teagasc
- John Cannon, Teagasc
- Brendan Joyce, hill sheep farmer, and chairperson of Atlantic Hill Lamb Producer Group and
- Patrick Dunne, BETTER Farm Sheep Farmer
No registration required. Join the live stream from Athenry each evening at 7pm on www.teagasc.ie/virtualsheepweek or www.facebook.com/teagasc. We’ll be dedicating the week to Teagasc Sheep and will be posting videos and updates throughout each day. Follow Wednesday's activities by staying tuned to our social media channels or by searching #VirtualSheepWeek for all information posted.
Throughout the day we will be releasing, on social media and other platforms, a series of video clips and technical articles covering areas such as:
- Sowing forage crops for finishing store lambs: Frank Campion
- Bio-security when purchasing store lambs - what to look out for : Noel Claffey
- David McLaughlin’s hill year from lambing to weaning: David McLaughlin & John Cannon
- Presenting lambs for slaughter: Jonathan Molloy
- Health & Safety concerns on sheep farms