Friday 10 July - Economics of Beef Production
12pm - Beef Talk
On the Friday morning of the Teagasc Virtual beef week, the Teagasc Beef Talk webinar will focus on finishing systems, the economics of both dairy calf to beef and suckler to beef productions systems, and at future policy developments.
- Mark McGee – Finishing beef systems
- Pearse Kelly – Economics of Dairy Calf to Beef Systems
- Paul Crosson – Economics of Suckler beef Systems
- Kevin Hanrahan – Future Beef Policy
View the Beef Talk webinar on Tuesday at 12pm on Teagasc Facebook
7pm Live@Grange - Addressing the Grand Challenges
The live panel discussion from Teagasc Grange at 7pm will have a focus on the major challenges facing the Beef sector.
Director of Research in Teagasc, Professor Frank O’ Mara will introduce this session
We will hear a number of important questions raised by beef farmers to be addressed by a panel of speakers.
- EU Perspective – Senior Politician
- Teagasc Perspective – Director of Teagasc, Professor Gerry Boyle
- Market Perspective – Tara McCarthy, Bord Bia
- Farmer Perspective – Tim Cullinan, IFA President
Join the livestream at 7pm on www.teagasc.ie/virtualbeefweek
Stay tuned to our social media channels throughout the day or search #VirtualBeefWeek. We’ll be dedicating this week to Teagasc Beef and will be posting videos and updates throughout each day