AD Biogas Workshop3 October 2017 3 October 2017
Venue Teagasc, Ashtown, Dublin 15 D15 KN3K
Anaerobic Digestion (AD) is the conversion of feedstock (any organic non-woody material) by micro-organisms in the absence of oxygen into biogas and digestate. It is a natural process and is well understood by mankind having been harnessed for many years.
Dairy farming for example is dominated by small herds of animals, the slurry from which must be managed efficiently for the farm and to maintain high standards of health in a cost effective manner. AD is an acknowledged technology for farming operations that affords a high standard of manure management, the production of high quality biofertiliser and also the possibility of generating energy for own use as well as export.
This briefing seminar is aimed at farmers, advisors, researchers as well as energy policy and decision makers and will address the challenges related to the economic and environmental sustainability of biogas production and utilisation.
This event can help those interested in biogas to understand:
• Connection process of a renewable Anaerobic Digestion (AD) project to the electrical grid
• Project finance lifecycle stages explained
• Requirements for storage and utilisation of digestate on to agricultural land
• Regulatory environment of the Irish electrical grid
• Preparation and management of planning applications and environmental permits to obtain consents to build and operate a biogas plant
• The role of biomethane in meeting heat and transport targets
Click here and register today!