Ash Dieback Event 202228 June 2022 28 June 2022
Venue Near Freshford, Co. Kilkenny
This forestry event is taking place on a recently reconstituted site that has been replanted with young broadleaves.
At the event, the following topics will be discussed:
- Introduction to ash dieback disease
- The Reconstitution and Underplanting Scheme (RUS)
- Access and infrastructure
- Harvest and reconstitution of an affected ash site
- Species selection and planting
- Crop protection and deer control
- Site management and maintenance
- Ongoing Teagasc research
The event will take place on Tuesday 28 June 2022 near Freshford, Co Kilkenny. You can choose between the morning or afternoon session. Registration is essential for either session. Numbers will be limited due to onsite parking:
- Morning session will start at 10.30am and finish at 1.00pm - Fully booked
- Afternoon session - Fully booked
- Due to the high level of interest, we are investigating the possibility of adding additional sessions. Please check back here for updates.
The event is free but registration is required. Upon registration, you will receive an email with meeting point details including an Eircode. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear.