Sustainability of European Beef Farming: Challenges and Solutions - Webinar22 June 2021 22 June 2021
This meeting, organised and hosted by French project partners IDELE and FNB, will focus on the Sustainability of European Beef Farming highlighting the challenges and discussing the possible solutions.
This event will be broadcast in English and French simultaneously via live translation
Speakers and sessions include:
- Jean-Pierre Fleury, President of COPA COGECA Meat Group - Suckler beef farms in Europe, what is the position between European and International policies?
- Caroline Guinot, Head of Societal Issues Committee, Interbev - Pact for Societal Commitment: Presentation of INTERBEV (french Interprofession for Livestock & Meat) and its sustainability platform
- André Le Gall, Idele, Head of Department, Husbandry Practices and Farming Environment - The French R&D framework for beef production research
This online event will feature a networking session organised around the project’s four thematic areas – Animal Health and Welfare, Environmental Sustainability, Production Efficiency and Meat Quality and Socioeconomic Resilience.
- 09:30 - 10:00 - Opening & Welcome
Teagasc, Idele, FNB
- 10:00 - 10:30 - Pact for Societal Commitment
Caroline Guinot, Interbev
- 10:30 - 11:00 - Break / Pause
- 11:00 - 11:30 - The French R&D framework for beef production research
André Le Gall, Idele
- 11:30 - 12:00 - Suckler beef farms in Europe, what is the position between European and International policies?
Jean-Pierre Fleury, COPA COGECA
- 12:00 - 12:10 - Round up of morning session
- 12:10 - 13:00 - Lunch
- 13:00 - 15:00 - Sustainability Challenges and Solutions addressed by BovINE in 2020/21
Damiana Mais Barrutia, INTIA
- 15:00 - 15:30 - Break with networking sessions
- 15:30 - 16:30 - BovINE insights for beef farmers – accessible, relevant and farmer friendly ‘on farm’ practice information and materials
Rhonda Smith & Marie Saville, Minerva UK
- 16:30 - 17:15 - Virtual farm walks
- 17:15 - 17:30 - Close of meeting
Find out more about BovINE - Beef Innovation Network Europe here