Clubroot in Vegetable Brassica Production - Webinar20 April 2021 20 April 2021
This webinar on Tuesday, 20th April at 8pm will focus on:
Clubroot in Vegetable Brassica Production
The Teagasc Horticulture Development team will be joined by internationally renowned clubroot expert Prof. Geoff Dixon who will speak on ‘Managing Clubroot Successfully’.
This will be a practical talk based on many years’ experience advising growers within the United Kingdom and worldwide on living successfully and profitably with the Clubroot Disease of vegetable brassicas.
Topics will include:
- Careful and considered land planning and use;
- Improving soil health and its productivity;
- Managing soil pH and crop nutrition advantageously for the crops and disadvantageously for the disease ;
- Controlling soil contamination and the movement of the disease around your land;
- Organising the use of resistant vegetable cultivars and avoiding the erosion of their advantages.
To register in advance for this webinar, click on the ‘Register’ button below and fill in your details.
It will be possible to register for IASIS points on the night through the Zoom webinar.
This is the fifth webinar in the Teagasc Vegetable Webinar Series. Previous webinar recordings are available to be viewed here.
If you have any questions, please contact Eoin.Sweetman@teagasc.ie