Farm Safety Event17 April 2019 17 April 2019
Venue Coorevin Farm, Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary
Join us on 17 April for a fun-filled day out for the whole family on Padraig Morans farm at Coorevin Farm, Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary. Organised by Teagasc advisor Claire Mooney and forestry advisor Michael Somers, this is a collaborative event involving Teagasc, North Tipperary IFA and Gurteen Agricultural College. This year Maxol Lubricants are also joining as partners in the event.
The event will highlight all the main safety risks around the farm, and the main health problems suffered by farmers.
- Hear from cardiologist Michael Conway and learn what small changes you can make to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Tips to keep you safe when working at heights
- View the New Tractor Simulator in action as the top 3 finalists from local schools compete for the prize!
- View and pet farm animals from Moloneys Pet Farm
- Be prepared and know what to do in an emergency with demonstrations from the Irish Red Cross
- Best practice when working with Oil/Lubricants & Pesticides
- Kids safety workshops with Agrikids
- Safe animal handling demonstrations
Spot Prizes throughout the day from kindly sponsored by:
- Banaghans Toys
- 1 night B&B in any SÓ Hotel
This Farm Safety Open Day is a KT Approved Dairy, Beef, Sheep & Tillage Event
Have your kids colour in the picture on the Farm Safety Open Day and bring it with you on the day and be entered into a competition to win some amazing kids prizes!
The Farm Safety Day is kindly supported by: