Liquid/Winter milk event26 October 2017 26 October 2017
Venue Navan, Co Meath
Morning Session - Ardboyne Hotel, Navan (Eircode C15 C9YA)
- 10:15am: Welcome, tea and coffee
- 10:45am: TJ Flanagan, Chief Executive ICOS ‘The role of winter milk in a growing industry- the milk processors’ view’
- 11:15am: Joe Patton, Winter Milk Specialist Teagasc: ‘Calving pattern– the most important decision on your farm?’
- 11:45am: Brian Garry, Dairy Nutritionist Teagasc Moorepark ‘Feeding for yield, feeding for profit - is there a difference?
- 12:15pm: Patrick Gowing, Dairy Expansion Service Teagasc ‘Business planning for expansion in a winter milk system’
- 12:50 pm: Lunch provided in Ardboyne Hotel
Afternoon Session: Farm Visit to liquid milk herd of Leo Collins, Ardcath, Co Meath.
- 2:15pm Expert speakers will run 4 workshops discussing: breeding and cow type for liquid milk herds, practical feeding plans; labour management, and energy use efficiency on farm. (Please bring appropriate clothing and footwear)
To book a place please contact Niamh Allen 025-42457 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Event fee is €20 which includes lunch and tea/coffee