Master Class in Soil Quality & Health for Advisors & Consultants24 September 2019 24 September 2019
Venue Teagasc Advisory Training Centre, Johnstown Castle, Wexford, Y35 HK54
This master class will focus on the up skilling of Advisors and Consultants with the knowledge and skills to assess soil structure and health.
Soils have many functions to carry out during the growing season such as supplying plant nutrients, enabling good crop rooting to anchor the crop, storing and resupplying water over the summer months and supressing pathogens and crop diseases to name but a few. Assessing soil structure and health will be a key component of future proofing Irish agriculture to meet both sustainable production and environmental goals into the future.
What will you learn?
1. Techniques for assessing soil structure
2. Identification of soil compaction in tillage soils
3. Formulating field solutions for soil compaction
4. Tillage soil cultivation systems and minimising soil compaction
5. The role of organic manures and soil health
6. Cover cropping options and soil health
To book your place visit Master Class in Soil Health & Quality