Science Week 2021 - What’s New in Fruit and Veg?11 November 2021 11 November 2021
Venue Online webinar
Sustainable, Nutritious and Delicious – What’s New in Fruit and Veg?
We’re investigating new approaches to growing fruit and vegetables more sustainably, processing them safely, reducing food waste and finding out more about why they’re good for our health.
How do the good parts of the fruit and vegetables get to where they’re needed in your body?
Come join us for this online event and come on the fruit and vegetable journey:
- Learn about how fruits and vegetables are grown including new methods of production
- Find out about new ways to process them and how to keep your food safe
- Learn about how we can reduce food waste
- See what happens to fruit and vegetables after you eat them, with our working model of your digestive system
- Take 5 - why do we need five portions of fruit and vegetables? What are five health benefits of eating them? Find out five tips to increase your intake
This event is hosted by broadcaster Jonathan McCrea. We hope you will join us live on Zoom to find out more about fruit and vegetables.
This event is aimed at second-level students up to an adult audience.