Getting the Best Out of Slurry12 January 2022 12 January 2022
With fertiliser prices at an all-time high, cattle slurry will be a key resource on farm this year. If used correctly it can help to reduce the impact of high nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) prices. It is very important to get the maximum return from the nutrients in your slurry and during this webinar we will discuss how you can get the rate and application timing right to maximise your opportunity to reduce the chemical fertiliser inputs in the year ahead.
We will look at the low emission slurry spreading (LESS) equipment and discuss how this technology will not only benefit your return from the slurry but also help to meet our national ammonia gas reduction target between now and 2030.
Francis Quigley and Mark Plunkett of Teagasc discuss:
- LESS spreading advantage
- Nutrient value of slurry, rates
- Slurry hydrometer test, doing the test
- Lab test – how to do it and how to read it
- Slurry calibration tool
- Explain LESS systems using Demo unit
- Farm operations and practicalities from a contractors perspective
- Umbilical system and flow meters