Teagasc Crops Trials Event - Thursday1 July 2021 1 July 2021
Venue Oak Park, Carlow
In light of the recent change in public health measures for COVID19, we are pleased to confirm that the Teagasc Crops team are hosting a Crops Trials Event at Oak Park, Carlow on Wednesday, 30th June and Thursday, 1st July 2021.
On registering below you will receive an email confirmation. Access to the car park area will only be permitted with proof of registration, which will be checked on entry for each individual.
In contrast to our traditional Crops Open Days that we have held in the past and in order to adhere to public health guidelines, attendance will be by pre-registration only. This will allow us to accommodate groups, at designated timeslots throughout each of the two days.
The content/demonstrations presented will be the same for each day, with research updates on a range of crops including; spring barley, winter wheat, oilseed rape, rye and beans. Specific content will include:
- Improved diagnostics and sampling strategies to support development of IPM strategies to control BYDV
- Disease control measures in spring barley and winter wheat
- Management of oilseed rape and rye
- Use of liquid N for cereals
- Establishment systems for beans and addressing the lodging issues with field pea
- Insights from the Teagasc Agricultural Sustainability Support and Advice Programme
- Grassweed identification and machinery hygiene actions to offset the spread of grassweeds
- The latest spring barley and winter wheat varieties which will be demonstrated by the DAFM variety testing team
The Crops Research trial programme will be on view with key topics presented at multiple information points across the Oak Park campus, covering up to date research and KT activities on the primary issues affecting the tillage sector today.