Thomas Hogan - Suckler Beef Grassland Farmer of the Year Farm Walk18 August 2021 18 August 2021
Venue Rathmartin Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. The event will be signposted from Nenagh Ormond Rugby Club.
Join us on the evening of Wednesday, 18 August for a farm walk on the farm of the 2020 Suckler Beef Enterprise Category Winner of the Grassland Farmer of the Year Competition, Thomas Hogan and family on their farm outside Nenagh in Co. Tipperary.
The Hogan's run a 60-cow suckler-to-store operation. The farm is split into two blocks with the cows and calves grazing on the 66 acre outblock during the main grazing season.
Topics to be discussed include:
- An Overview of Thomas Hogan’s suckler–to–store system
- Improving soil fertility to drive grass production
- Implementing a paddock grazing system on a Suckler Farm to increase grass utilised
- The importance of grass measuring with PastureBase Ireland
- Farm Performance & summary