Teagasc Optional REPS Countryside Management Courses for Farmers
Now that mandatory REPS 4 courses have been completed, all farmers in REPS 4 may attend a second optional Five Hour REPS Course for which they will receive €85. Teagasc has developed new Countryside Management Courses on a range of topics. Farmers who joined REPS 4 in 2008 must complete their optional course by the end of 2012, while those who joined in 2009 must complete their courses by end of 2013.
At a Teagasc REPS Five Hour Watercourse Course in Mallow this week held in conjunction with Inland Fisheries Ireland, Catherine Keena, Teagasc Countryside Management Specialist encouraged farmers to attend one of these new courses. ‘These new courses differ from the original general REPS Courses as each course addresses one issue such as watercourses and include an indoor and outdoor session’ Farmers may attend any course of interest throughout the country. In association with a range of organisations REPS 4 Courses planned by Teagasc include:
- Extensive Grazing: Wexford - 20 July; Sligo -10 August; Mayo - 11 September; Waterford/Tipperary -12 September
- Archaeology: Westmeath - 20 July; Meath - 12 September; Clare - 14 September
- Hedgerows (including Contractors): Limerick - 4 September
- Crops for Wildlife: Wexford - 3 October
- Traditional Orchard: Cork - 5 November; Kilkenny - 6 November
- Traditional Buildings: Galway – date to be confirmed
- Field Margins: Longford -1 August ; Kerry -17 August
Further details of these and other REPS courses are available on http://www.teagasc.ie/events or contact your local Teagasc office.