Teagasc at the National Ploughing Championships 2023
Science Supporting Farmers
Visit us at Block 2 Row 21 Stand 337 where we have our largest exhibit ever, addressing all aspects of the farm family business.
Whether your interest is in beef, sheep, dairy, or tillage an expert will be present. If you are interested in:
- Farm management
- Transferring your family farm
- Downloading an app or podcast
- Furthering your education with Teagasc
or just have a general query on any aspect of farming or agricultural research there will be someone to guide you.
Live from Ploughing 2023
Watch videos and read articles straight from the Teagasc exhibit at the National Ploughing Championships.
- 5-star ewes deliver for productivity and profitability
- Factors influencing contaminant losses to water
- New and exciting opportunities for forestry creation on farms
- Selecting the appropriate actions to reduce gaseous emissions on tillage farms
- Food chemistry at the National Ploughing Championships
- Using digital tools to support Teagasc advisory services
- Eddy’s role in monitoring soil carbon
Mark Moore of Teagasc Knowledge Transfer Publications, gives an overview of attractions present at the Teagasc stand.
The new Teagasc/Bord Bia/ICBF AgNav programme will be a special focus and you will be able to establish your Carbon figure live at the event.
Young and old, will have the opportunity to test their machinery safety skills. The Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine (DAFM) is investing about €1.2 million in machinery simulators for use in education settings and one will be available on the Teagasc stand.
The Teagasc Food programme will showcase world-leading research and expertise in Food for Health, Food Quality, and Food Innovation. The VistaMilk SFI Research centre led by Teagasc, will present a 3D cow model accessorised with sensors demonstrating digitalisation in the dairy industry.
The outdoor area of the exhibit will demonstrate how Teagasc is using science and the latest technologies to help farmers feed the world profitably, protect the environment and reduce the output of greenhouse gases. Advisors will demonstrate digital tools developed to enhance the service for farmers.
Live animals will showcase how it’s possible to reduce greenhouse gas emissions per calf and increase profit per cow calved. This year sheep will also be featured.
Other outdoor exhibits include:
- cover crops
- soil profiles
- red and white clover
- mixed species
- managing high production swards
- Managing parasite resistance and plant nutrients
There will be demonstrations of opportunities in forestry, biodiversity etc.
A new high tech exhibit will show how water moves across the soil surface and down the profile.
We are hiring
Teagasc currently has a number of vacancies. If you want to find out these opportunities and benefits of a career with Teagasc visit us at Block 2 Row 21 Stand 337