Teagasc Pig Farmers' Conference 2019
Type Event Proceeding
Focusing on the Future
Download Publication (PDF)
Teagasc Pig Farmers' Conference which took place in the Horse & Jockey Hotel, 22nd October 2019 & Hotel Kilmore, 23rd October 2019.
The topics for this years conference cover a wide range of topics including the future implications of the Chinese situation, feed costs and merchant credit, weaning management and on farm reinvestment to name but a few.
Our guest speaker this year, Professor John Mabry from Iowa State University, will look at the economic impact of genetic progress on fitness traits. This year’s conference will also include a panel discussion to discuss the topical issues of the day. We will also take this opportunity to highlight the exciting things you can look forward to from the Pig Development Department in the year ahead.
- China & Beyond (PDF) - Michael McKeon & Emer McCrum
- Effect of genetic progress on fitness traits (PDF) - John Mabry
- Feed costs: no such thing as a free lunch (PDF) - Louise Clarke & Gerard McCutcheon
- Investing for the future (PDF) - Ciarán Carroll, Amy Quinn & Laura Boyle
- Mining your data mountain (PDF) - Maria Costa, Michael McKeon, Amy Quinn, Laura Boyle, Edgar Garcia Manzanilla
- Strategies to improve the transition of pigs at weaning (PDF) - Peadar Lawlor, Laura Boyle, Keelin O’Driscoll & Amy Quinn
- The effect of rearing strategy on gilt health welfare and lifetime performance (PDF) - Phoebe Hartnett, Laura Boyle and Keelin O’Driscoll