Grass10 Newsletter - 20 April 2021
Information and updates from the Grass10 team
Download Publication (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
After a cold week & heavy rain on the western seaboard, growth predicted to rise dramatically over the next 7 days.
- Mike Bermingham, 2019 Dairy Category winner from the Grassland Farmer of the Year discusses managing grass on his farm as we approach 1st May.
- Grazing advice for farmers who have an AFC of less than 550 Kg DM/Ha.
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year – Grassland Merit award winner, David Brady from Co. Cavan.
- 2nd Rotation grazing starting in Athenry- Sheep Update from Philip Creighton, Teagasc, Athenry, Co. Galway.
Caroline Walsh, the Overall & Dairy Category winner of the 2020 Grassland Farmer of the Year hosts a social media takeover on Wednesday, 21st April along with a live interview at 7.30pm. More information at http://bit.ly/CarolineWalshSMT