Grass10 Newsletter - 29th June 2021
Information and updates from the Grass10 team
Download Publication (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase Ireland data for the week for both Dairy and Beef & Sheep farms as well as Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Michael Carey, host farmer for the Grass10 Grazing Group in Ballyhooly, Co. Cork updates us on his current grass situation.
- Teagasc Grange Dairy Calf to Beef Research Programme Update from Dr Nicky Byrne, Donall Fahy and Anthony Mulligan
- Teagasc Grass10 Manager John Maher gives his top tips in relation to managing grass quality on a recent episode of The Beef Edge podcast, listen in here
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year- Grassland Merit Award winner – Noel Hurley from Co. Cork
The 2020 Grassland Farmer of the Year – Sheep Category Winners, Tom and Peter McGuinness will hold a farm walk on their farm in Co. Meath on Wednesday 7th July at 7pm. More information here