Grass10 Newsletter - 4 May 2021
Information and updates from the Grass10 team
Download Publication (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- PastureBase data for the week & Elodie Ruelle’s MoSt Grass Growth Prediction Model.
- Michael Carroll from Co Limerick gives us an update on grass supply and reseeding on his farm
- There is a new Nitrogen Planner available on PastureBase Ireland. Important to make a Nitrogen plan for your farm and record chemical fertiliser and slurry on PBI.
- Grazing Update from Grassland Farmer of the Year- Grassland Merit Award Winner- Sustainable Farming Category, JP Hammersley from Lattin, Co. Tipperary.
- Link to the new publication on Managing and Establishing Grass-White clover swards. Click here-: http://bit.ly/CloverBooklet
- A summary on the recent Teagasc Research Insights webinar which discussed using white clover to reduce chemical nitrogen application and increase animal performance. Watch the webinar back here
The Grass10 team and PastureBase Ireland are hosting a webinar on Wednesday, 5th May at 7pm focusing on successful reseeding and clover incorporation using the tools and data available on PastureBase Ireland. We will also be joined by Teagasc Researcher, Mike Egan, and dairy farmer James Barber from Rathdowney, Co. Laois, to share their experience with clover. Register here http://www.teagasc.ie/grass10