Research Insights Webinar - Viruses - The Fightback and the Future
Type Event Proceeding
On a recent Research Insights webinar which took place on Wednesday, 17 February, Muireann Egan - Communications Officer, Teagasc Food Research Programme was joined by Teagasc Researchers Fiona Crispie, John Kenny and Olivia McAuliffe to learn more about viruses…the good and the bad.
As the world reels from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, Teagasc researchers are playing a key role in the fightback, by supporting national and international efforts to sequence and identify new strains of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
On the other hand, viruses have a vital role to play in the future of food production, ensuring the quality and safety of the food we eat. Join us on this webinar to learn about viruses…the good and the bad.
- Muireann Egan - Communications Officer, Teagasc Food Research Programme
- Fiona Crispie - Technologist, Teagasc
- John Kenny - Senior Research Officer, Teagasc
- Olivia McAuliffe - Principal Research Officer, Teagasc
- Knock, knock, who's there?....Using sequencing to open the door to the Microbial World (PDF) - Fiona Crispie
- An Overview of The Irish Coronavirus Sequencing Consortium (PDF) - John Kenny
- Friend or Foe? Bacterial Viruses in Food Production (PDF) - Olivia McAuliffe
Find out more about the series or register for future webinars here: Teagasc Research Insights Webinars